Result imports are used to import results where timing has been made in other systems. The result must be exported to CSV format from the timing system in order to be imported into the results archive. Results imported for events included in NCF Ranking or NorgesCup will also update these series.
If you use eTiming version 4 or later or another timing system that is integrated with EQ Timing, results can also be loaded directly from the timing program.
All events registered in NCF are already in the database. In order for the results links in the mailing list to be correct, it is therefore important that you do not create a new event, but import the results to the event that already exists.
You must have the role of administrator, manager, event manager or timer in the event to upload results. The manager or organizer of the club can assign such a role to you if you do not have this already. You can also contact EQ Timing customer support if you need help with this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log in to Admin with one of these roles.
The import and template can be found under the Before Event and Result Import. You can download the template from there and after it has been filled out, the file can be uploaded.
If there are times in the event already that should be overwritten, check the “Remove old results on the participants in this file”. The old times will be disabled, you will never lose information, but the new time will be the current one.
If the file contains exercises that do not exist in the event, uncheck the checkbox “Don’t create new races”. If this is checked, you will receive an error message if the file contains exercises that do not exist.
If you select “Select race from class”, the system will choose the race from the class specified, if the class can be linked to multiple races, you will receive an error message.
“The file contains data for race” select box will override the selected race in file if you select something other than “From file”.
- The bib must be included and is the identifier of the participant.
- First name must be included if participants are not already in the event.
- Surname must be included if the participants are not already in the event.
- The date of birth must be included if the participants are not already in the event. The formats we support are English DD.MM.YYYY, Swedish YYYY.MM.DD, Swedish DD/MM YYYY, Finnish DD.MM.YYYY, English MM/DD/YYYY and English YYYY.MM.DD. This format is selected when uploading the file.
- Gender must be with and M for man and K or F for woman.
- Club can be included but is not mandatory.
- Nationality may be included (we set nationality to NOR if this is not included so it should be filled out for international events). We use IOC country codes found here:
- Race must be included. We look up on the name and if we do not find it, we will create an exercise.
- Class must be included. We look up by name and if we do not find it, we will create the class.
- Start time may be included otherwise we set start time until 00:00.
- Timing point may be included, there are then possible for entering intermediate times. If not, we assume that it is a finish. If this is a number, we will look at the ID of our database, unless we look up by name and we will not find it then we will create the point (physical point) and role (virtual point).
- End time must be included and must be total time. The format is HH:MM:SS.FFF, it can be cut so that 3:55 means 3 minutes and 55 seconds. 45.77 means 45 seconds and 77 hundredths. 02:17:33 means 2 hours, 17 minutes and 33 seconds.
- ExitStatus may be included and this may be DNS, DNF, DSQ, DNQ and LAP.
- Rank can be used and we use it to provide proper rank if someone has the same time.
The upload file may contain the first line in the template or it may be without. The file must be a .csv file. When you save in Excel, you choose the type to be CSV (semicolon sepparated).
After the import has been completed, the event will include participants as well as the times that have been imported.
Wash against license register
If the event is included in one of the NCF rankings, it is very important to check that all participants have a license. This is important for the points to be awarded to the correct person. If the event contains results for people who do not match the license register by name and date of birth, the athlete will not get points.
The most common cause of mismatch against the license register is that the participants have signed up with a different name than what they bought license with. The easiest way to avoid this is to use the athlete’s EQ Timing profile by signing up, or by using the club sign-up solution. By using an external signup solution, it should be emphasized to the participants the importance of using the same form of name for names as in the license register.
EQ Admin has its own function to check if the imported results match the license register. If it does not match, you have the opportunity to search and switch to the correct person directly. Thus, you do not have to correct this in the timing system and import again.
The check is done by going to the Participants tab under the Before Event and checking the Show License Error. Participants who do not have a license are shown with red first name and last name.
Open the participant by pressing the pencil in column two and tap Change participant, search for the correct participant and press Select.
After the imports this is done, the results are available on all event listings that include the event. For example, NCF list, organizer club website if they have integrated the event list, and at www.eqtiming.no. Any series in which the event is included will also be updated.